Monday 12 April 2010

An Interesting weekend





The weather was warm and sunny on Saturday so much was accomplished outside. Sunday was completly different as there was a freezing wind. We got up very early and arrived at a flea market just as the dawn was breaking. It was already a hive of activity with many of the stalls already set up. I always look for lace, vintage fabrics, silk flowers anything I might be able to use when I sew.
I had bought alot the previous weekend at a local fair selling anything that could be called antique or vintage( I think the terms were used quite losely) I knew there would be some items I would
love to buy as I had helped set up the day before. My expectations were exceeded, there was far more there than I had known about. I would have liked to buy most of it being a lover of such things but managed to restrain myself.
The photos show some of our recent buys, sadly much will be sold but I am determined to keep one of the wedding crowns many of the silk flowers and some of the faded floral fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what lovely things! I have been to similar markets in Belgium and they were wonderful. Not quite the same over here in the UK, sadly!
    (well not in Bristol, anyway!):)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.