Saturday 9 April 2011

Journal pages




The sun has shone steadily for several days and its been wonderful to be outside after such a long grey winter. I have been busy in the garden and yesterday friends came for lunch and we sat out side for hours. Not much sewing has taken place but these journal pages were made because of the joy I have had because winter has ended at last. Primroses ,aconites and creamy primula are every where. I am about to begin some red pages to celebrate the tulips , the amazing rhododendron and the reddest of red camellia. I have also to make the pages to write on to be opposite the pages in the photos.
Try as I might I seem to be unable to achieve good photos since my Samsung refuses to let me download and I am now using an old camera until I can sort out the problem.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Gill your journal pages are so beautifully made, great dragonfly and I love the flowers.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are so pretty. And what a marvellous idea to record the changing year this way. Look forward to seeing the red pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal pages, they are very pretty, look forward to seeing some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages - can't wait to see swallows back! & lovely cuffs below, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Jill. Happy Spring to you.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi friend,Your work is very precious!!!
    I wish a very happy weekend.
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill...this is the link I wanted to give you
    http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pages are really wonderful. So glad you are enjoying the Color Drop Flowers!!! Thank you!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gill,
    So glad you are enjoying the flowers. THey are really fun to paint. And for the bird, just drop the colors in light to dark where the shadows might be. I am having fun with birds too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.