Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sunshine and inspiration.


Last week the wonderful weather had to be enjoyed. I spent as much time as I could in the garden,I read alot or simply looked at all the flowers and new growth( I should perhaps have pulled up some weeds but just didn't). I worked for a couple of hours on my quilt and one morning suddenly made these 3 cuffs. I have been lacking enthusiasm and inspiration a lot lately,this morning I read the blog written by Sharon over at The Shabby Chic Bohemian and felt it was so true for me too. I looked at the pile of small unfinished work,then played with them a while ,cut up some some and reassembled bits together. The results were interesting because it had made me group different colours together,ones I wouldn't usually mix. Then I looked at an old painting I have and now I am planning to make a fabric piece based on it.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the sunshine Jill, it's been lovely here too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Those are very pretty cuffs. Sometimes we just need to sit still and think a little, in order for all those ideas to form an orderly queue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour...ho scoperto adesso il tuo blog, le tue bambole sono davvero deliziose, ti faccio i miei complimenti e buon lavoro, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog and your work are lovely. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And so are your dolls!
    :-)
    XO Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.