Wednesday 12 September 2012

Clothdolls, journal cover and a wall hanging

I have been very busy this week and wonder if I should have taken time to think a little more.I looked at a doll I bought more than 2 years ago from a favourite doll maker called jennifer gould.Her dolls are always interesting to see over on her web site ,Etsy or Pinterest.I wish I had her imagination the one I am showing is a simple doll but she does many different dolls.I have bought a pattern from her and hope the sewing group will each interpret it there way and make a christmas doll for the village hall.I hope to have at least 12.
I decided to start my new journal using a spiral bound book.I made the cover first.I hope to use it to record some of the many things , places and people I have known in my life.
I apologise for these out of focus pictures,neither of my cameras work and I feel compelled to rush when I borrow Tony's. I seem to be always rushing yet there is no real need to. On sunday I suddenly started playing about with some pieces of fabric I had dyed,and found myself cutting them up into squares.I then used bits and pieces that were in reach and stitched them on to the squares. I did about 6 in a very short time and was so pleased with them made alot more the next day.I think I will make them into some sort of wall hanging.
lastly I finished the cloth doll and I rushed and put little thought into her,the result is not what I had in mind. I learnt a lesson this week I must do one thing at once and think about what ever it is more closely.
  I nearly forgot I have begun to make some comfort dolls  which will be sent off to the comfort doll project.They are very simple,6 inches tall  , and can be make in any way one likes.
                                                                                
                                                               
                                                                              
                                                                            
                                                                      
                                                                      

8 comments:

  1. I am inspired by your journal cover. I have a book I want to cover and this gets me to thinking. The doll you "rushed" looks absolutely enchanting to me--we are often our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cloth dolls always bring a smile to my face. They are so beautiful. I really like the one with the black hair. She looks vintage to me. I hope you have lots to write in your journal. I, too, have a journal but it has been some time that I've written in it. That reminds me. Oh, I love your friend's long doll too. It is whimsical. Your new Header and side bar are very nice.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill whether you rush an do your projects or not you are so talented that whatever you do it is beautiful and I am loving all these projects you have done. I wish I was as creative as you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I think that dark haired girl is my favourite of all your dolls! I love her sweet face and the colours you've used. Your work is always lovely and makes me smile and think of happy things!

    What a great idea to create some comfort dolls - I would love to know more about this when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the comment and I am so glad you enjoyed the Poppy class. You doll is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your dolls are amazing! They have beautiful cloths :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool journal cover. Have fun with your wall hanging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Jill. Lovely dolls. I especially like your squares--very appealing to me. Looking forward to seeing what you do next with them. I always find your brocante finds interesting-- the shell portrait frame is so unusual.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.