Sunday, 14 October 2012

A few days in Paris

Long before Tony went into hospital we had booked a few nights to stay in Paris,I had thought we wouldn't be able to go.It was decided the break would do him some good if we took it very easily,
went on the train,  took a taxis everywhere, that he rested every afternoon. I did have a few misgivings but all went quite well. The hotel was excellent,provided us with an enormous breakfast
and an extremly comfortable room,was situated in the centre of Paris and we booked it months ago because they had a special offer!.
Our first place to visit was Monmatre Cemetary as it is featured in Tony's new novel and he wanted to check his facts. I was keen to see if there were any beautiful sculptures to be seen and interesting people's gravestones. We were surprised to see lots of cats every where,and then we bumped into a sweet, oldish man putting down food all over the place.He told us he fed at least 100 cats everyday!!
When I think what our cats cost us I was amazed. He didn't look well off but it was obvious that like us he loved cats and he said he spent all his spare money on them We gave him some money .and later wished it had been more.
They mostly ran away when we stopped to try and photo them except this one.It did look old and battered,poor thing.
On the second floor of the Musee D'Orcy, which was once a railway station, it still has the huge railway clock at one end. I went to the left and Tony to the right.I saw so many wonderful impressionist paintings and bought many postcards to remind myself of them.Tony wanted to see all the Art Nouveaux furniture that he loves.On the way back to the hotel we passed a shop called Maison de Poupee which translates as Doll's house and I had to stop and see if it was open.Sadly it wasn't so I just have the photo of the outside.
We saw many more things and will write about them another day along
with some photographs of some wonderful sculptures we saw at another cemetery.



  1. Hello Jill
    I am so pleased that you were able to visit Paris and the Monmatre Cemetary. I hope Tony did feel fulfilled in his quest and that he is feeling a lot better now.
    Thank you for sharing these photos with us - pity about the Doll shop not being open!
    I have visited lately but my comments have not been printed for some reason.
    Wishing you both the very best,

  2. Jill,
    You are so lucky to be able to go to Paris. Your Hotel looks fabulous! I would love to go into that doll shop and look around. Nel will be going to Paris for her honeymoon this spring. It is only a dream of mine.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

  3. Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. The graphics, photos and artwork on your blog is very beautiful. Very, very nice indeed.

  4. Jill,
    I got your card in the mail today. I loved the little cat on the front of it. It looks very exotic looking with all the beads and jewels. I am really into that whole look. And it came from Paris, how special that is. I put it on my desk where I can see it every day. Thank you so much.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

  5. I'm so glad you had your trip Jill it sounds wonderful, and I do hope Tony is feeling himself again. Bless that old man with the cats!x

  6. Glad to know that Tony is doing well. One never gets tired of Paris. I too once passed by La Maison de poupee and found it closed. Looks like you had a lovely time


I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.