Tuesday 2 October 2012

Not so much to worry about now.

Tony is out of hospital and I am trying hard to keep him from doing anything much,something he finds very difficult.The nurse comes this morning  so I have some time to write here.I didn't manage much sewing last week and was very grateful for all the help and support we received.Our mayor was wonderful,when I finally phoned him when no ambulance arrived he  and his wife were  here in minutes and he hurtled Tony to hospital straight away.His wife stayed a while with me which helped me feel calmer and I was able to ask her many questions as she had been a senior nurse before retirement.
I did make a front and inside the front page cover for an all (I hope )fabric journal.It took me ages to work out what I had to do ,I think I'm there now .
                                                                                
 The very pink one is the cover, the paler one is the inside.
 I have been kept very amused by the duck recently,he has become very bold and delights the village children.He also has taken to crossing the road to stand by the front door and unfortunately his three moorhen friends follow him. We don't have much traffic but the milk lorry rushes by several times a day and cars and tractors etc.I shoo him back and he is always most indignant.

The sun is shining and some new doll body fabric has arrived so there is lots to do!.                                                                                                                                                 
                                                                         

6 comments:

  1. Jill,
    That was so nice of the Mayor and his wife to be there for you in your time of need. I'm glad Tony is out of the hospital.

    Hello Mr. Duck! You have made many children very happy.

    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all the troubles Jill!

    ...and glad that Tony is now better than he was.

    Keep your chin up....

    ...and give the duck a hug for me...he's cute!! :-)

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear Tony is better Jill.x
    Love those ducks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to discover your blog and so glad to hear that Tony is out of hospital. Hope he feels better.
    The ducks are very sweet.

    Happy day
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The start of your book are so beautiful, I'm sure you will fill it with many wonderful pages, glad to read that your husband is out of the hospital.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful journal! Keep calm!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.