Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Trying to organise myself for the thursday art and sewing group
In between I found myself making the collage,something I should never do when sewing as paint and glue don't mix well with patchworking days.
I covered the heart in material I had dyed,embroidered the butterflys and flowers,covered the backs in matt medium so I could cut them out without them fraying.the hair is cut from lots and lots of pages from magazines. It was difficult to find the colour once I had begun so I ended up painting over her hair.The stars are actually quite shiny gold as are the dandylion heads I stamped on the left.
This is stll my old old computer,very slow but though the colours aren't showing as well as I would like I've managed this blog.