Friday 5 August 2011

Newest cloth doll



Some time ago I made a cloth doll I loved but by mistake she was sold. I decided I would try and make another one that was to be similar. I discovered I had lost the leg pattern and the small body so I went ahead with the ones I could find.I wish I had taken time and remade the smaller limbs,but I am still quite pleased with her and will keep her.It is becoming very difficult to find old old materials,I have plenty of lace but now am going to have to use more of the modern fabrics I have a mountain of.I spent the day yesterday with a friend who is nearing the end of a city and guilds course. She showed me a few techiques to make making a quilt easier. I think I will now complete my rose quilt much more quickly.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The fabric that you used is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll is so pretty, love the green fabric on her arms, I want to reach out and stroke it. I know what you mean about difficulties in finding old materials, now vintage is in everybody seems to be after it :) I've had some success with tea dying modern fabric but it's not the same. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est très belle! J'aime beaucoup les couleurs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful doll and her dress so beautifully made.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.