Sunday 6 March 2011

My Fabric doll



I have spent days trying to get this dolls face right. The first one I made I used pastel pencils and was quite pleased with it,then I smudged it and she looked as though she had a bruise by her nose. So I made another and another and another until I had made 9 more. Trouble was I still prefered the first one and thought I'd try and erase the mark. It was difficult but now it doesn't show in the photo only when I actually look closely at her can I still see it. I have begun another one and will use some of the lace and material I bought this morning at the flea market Tony and I went to. I came home elated because I found a 1930's Almanach, some pretty old lengths of lace and two beautiful lace collars. The dolls skirt is made with material I bought last week at another flea market. I always protest when I have to get up very early to go and often try to find excuses not to ,though if I don't go I feel quilty letting Tony go alone. The truth is I rarely come home empty handed and Tony usually finds amazing things to put on his internet auction site so why I protest I don't know.Plus today Tony bought me a wonderful bust of a little girls head to add to my collectoin, it was a lovely surprise to find when we went back to the car to come home.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You did find some great stuff today, cool! I feel for you about the doll's face. I am currently working on a painting and I messed up the face too. I did more than smear it, I decided to fix one small thing and the next thing I knew she looked like a monster! I was so frusterated trying to fix it that I was in tears. I got her looking a little better but I ended up putting a sheet over the canvas to cover it up. I still have to fix it!

    Your doll looks beautiful...so beautiful:) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, i love it, what a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric in the skirt...so pretty. About your doll's face...you see the flaws that no one else does:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enlarged your image so I really could see your fabric doll, she is so sweet and so beautifully done.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do garden, you make beautiful dolls, I sit here in envy of your talent, you feel you need to go gardening, we are both good at what we do. I really want to start making beautiful things and know how to buy old and lovely things. Life is a very interesting place if you love what you are doing and love what every one else is doing as well. I just love your latest doll she is very you.....see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's lovely, I think you make the prettiest dolls I have ever seen Jill!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I've found you, thank you for stopping by my blog! Your dolls are precious and I love your fabric journal. I am following you now and will be back to visit often. Have an inspiring day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que preciosas,ya tienes una seguidora más, te invito a visitarme.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello my dear friend,
    I loved your doll,is very beautiful!!!
    Happy Women's Day to you.
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is lovely. Thedress fabric is so pretty.
    Thanks for the comment you left on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. The doll is lovely! I really like the way the lace is wrapped around the arms - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure I posted a comment earlier but it seems to have got lost in the cyber space. Wanted to say that your faces are lovely and delicate. Don't get frustrated with needlescuplting it will come eventually by practice. If you ever come to London we could possibly meet up over a cup of coffee and I could show you whatever you want to learn with regard needlsculpting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.