Monday 31 January 2011

Sadness and sewing



This morning the little kitten I wrote about some months ago was taken to the vet to be spayed. She had found a home with neighbours but often came to visit us. The family she adopted loved her dearly and she was an amazing little character. Sadly she died under the anesthetic leaving her new family heartbroken and I too found myself feeling very miserable both for her and the distress of the family. I was glad to go into my workroom and sew.
I finished two more journal pages and have several more started.
As I looked through all the photos of my family and friends and thought about my neighbours and the little cat it reminded me how we never know what the next day might hold for us. It made my journal making have some meaning and I hope I can make one for each of my children.

5 comments:

  1. We are so sorry about the cat! How wonderful that you have sewing to turn to! It must be wonderful to be so creative! We just lost our 19+ year old dog who was the dearest and best friend to our whole family! I said to my twin after he died that I wish that I knew how to sew or knit to help me through the grieving process. Somehow my prowess with the glue gun just doesn't seem to cut it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I am so sorry, poor little mite. How awful for the family. The lady who commented above is right though, art is wonderful therapy.

    Thank you for commenting on my OWOH post and your very kind words. Do let me know how the house sale goes, perhaps if you return to the UK we could finally meet up at last! Hugs Julesx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sad!
    greetings from Germany
    hugs
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little mite, so sorry to read your news

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.